Friday, April 18, 2008

Scary Times

Ok since this is my journal of sorts I thought I better write down the happenings of the last two days. Before I begin I will let you all know that I am fine. Thursday night I was hanging out with the roomies and some friends...just after ten I started to lose feeling in my left arm and then I felt some intensely sharp pain in my chest. My roommates and friends were obviously worried-I wrote it off until it continued to persist. I received a blessing and we called our friend who is just finishing up her clinicals as a nursing student. She arrived shortly and took my blood pressure and pulse-it was 80 over 48 which is pretty low. The chest pain had subsided but my arm was still numb. I took some Motrin and decided to just wait it out (I know...I'm stubborn) promising that I would go to the Student Wellness Center...
So this morning I went into the wellness center met with a doctor and he took some vitals and listened to my heart and decided that I needed to go to the Emergency Room so I called a friend since I wasn't allowed to drive myself. I spent several hours getting blood drawn, having xrays, and an EKG.
All to find out that I am stressed (no brainer it' the end of the semester and I just got engaged), I have a pinched nerve in my shoulder, and some stomach acid has come up my esophagus into my lungs and area around my heart causing irritation. So I was given some prescriptions and told to stay in bed through today and take it easy the next few days.
I am so grateful to the friends who took care of me and took me where I needed to be and stayed with me. I am also incredibly grateful for an amazing fiance who drove down from Wyoming where he is working to make sure I was ok and to bring me flowers. So no worries I am doing well and feeling much better :)

2 comments:

jaci said...

That is so scary, Alli! I am so glad you are okay and they got it figured out. Take care of yourself!

Kjerstin said...

Oh my goodness Alli! Sorry you're not doing so hot. But I'm glad Josh is so good to you. I still need to meet him, and see your RING! =D

Wedding Countdown!

songs I love :)