Thursday, April 3, 2008

D.C.

So it has been about a week since I got home from an amazing vacation. I was able to visit Washington D.C. with my parents, brother, and youngest sister. My grandmother is currently serving an LDS mission at the temple there. Our first night there we went to the temple and also the visitors center there. Instead of going and staying at the hotel with my parents and siblings I spent the majority of my vacation staying at my grandma's apartment and talking with her.
The first two full days there we toured D.C. going to; the National Cathedral, the Holocaust Museum, the National Archives, the Lincoln Memorial, the Capitol, the Natural History Museum, the Washington Memorial, Arlington Cemetery, the WWW II Memorial, and the Vietnam Memorial. It was absolutely crazy. And while somewhat exhausting they were a great first two days.
Saturday we left early in the morning and drove up to New Jersey where we checked into a hotel and then rode a bus into New York. We went out to the Statue of Liberty, Ground Zero, and Times Square. We ate New York Pizza and had an amazing time. We then went back to the hotel for the night, got up early Sunday and drove back to D.C. to go to church with my grandma-an all senior missionary ward-very interesting. Then had a nice Easter dinner with her and talked about the meaning of Easter.
Monday we went out to the Air and Space museum by Dullas airport, the National Aquarium, and walked around D.C. Afterwards we went back to grandma's and enjoyed her company one last time before going to the new hotel closest to the airport to fly out the next day.
This was a wonderful and most memorable vacation. I feel blessed to have had the experience and have never felt more grateful for the freedoms that I have, the temples that I can see and be part of, the family I have been given, and the innumerable blessings that I am given daily!

No comments:

Wedding Countdown!

songs I love :)