Monday, July 7, 2008

Independence Day

The 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays to celebrate. I love this country and all that it stands for. We have a tradition in our family to go to the Western Stampede on July 3rd with my aunts and uncles and their families. This year not everyone was able to make it in the extended family, but it was tons of fun. All my siblings and their families were there!

We always start out the morning of the 4th with a street party on the street behind us. We sing the national anthem as well America the Beautiful and say a prayer before beginning a wonderful breakfast.
After our breakfast Josh and I went to his house to hangout with his family and spend some time with them. We met up with my family for Hancock (good movie by the way)because we always try to see a matinee movie (if a good one has come out). We parted ways with my family and went to barbecue with his. After the barbecue and some more hanging out we decided to go to TeKarri's for fireworks! It was so fun seeing my nephews and seeing them be excited about fireworks. They are growing up way too fast though :) TeKarri and Troy as well as Karli and Russ both bought little shitzu's in the last few weeks-Sir Edward Chewbacca and Jaxson-they are ADORABLE! Both were brought along for the festivities!
After all of this we moved some things on Saturday and then headed back to Logan for one of Josh's friends reception. I also had to work Saturday night. All in all this weekend has made me see how truly blessed I am-both in the country that I live in and with the family I have been blessed with.

1 comment:

Kjerstin said...

Cute Alli! I love your posts! We still need to get together...I hate being so busy! ugh!

Wedding Countdown!

songs I love :)